Function Point (IFPUG) Advanced Modules
In addition to the Function Point Analysis workshop that is considered the basic for Function Point Analysis the following more advanced modules for improving the success of implementation of Function Point into an organisation is available.
For all the advanced modules, the material is in English and will be made available to the attendees. Advanced modules is delivered virtually unless otherwise agreed.
It is recommended that the advanced modules are scheduled the earliest of 4 weeks after the workshop has completed – except the Question&Answer module that can be scheduled when needed.
- Function Point Analysis – Question and Answers (3 hour Session)
- A session that will allow questions and answers related to FPA as well as sub-set of completed FPA results to be reviewed and validated.
- Function Point Analysis results (subset) are send before (at least one week before) the session and the Q&A session will walk through the examples and guide in how the accurate decision should be evaluation.
- In addition, clarification of FPA guidelines and rules interpretations is possible
- Open Q&A for the last hour if needed
- Boundaries – a deeper dive (3 hour module)
- This option is of relevance since the most common and critical mistakes in Function Point Analysis is wrongly defined boundaries. This module will walk through boundary setting in detail and identify the most common do’s and don’ts in boundary setting
- Tailoring of class using real cases within the organisation is possible (add-on 3 hours’ consultancy)
- Function Point Analysis early in the lifecycle (3 hour module)
- This option is of relevance for sizing in Function Point when the documentation is not fully complete and will include techniques that enable a fast approximation of the Functional Size
- Do you have specific request for this like Simple FP, Lite FP, Fast FP, Nesma approach etc. the module can be tailored to focus on those methods.
- Change Management Process using Function Point Analysis (3 hour module)
- This option is of relevance if Function Point Analysis is to be used as a mean for scope change management. The method is of relevance for large projects as well as for small enhancements of applications in production.
- Application Portfolio Function Point Analysis (3 hour module)
- A method for sizing a large amount of applications that are already in production. The module includes examples of sampling technique and sizing without the original requirement documentation
- Tailoring of case studies using real cases within the organisation is possible (add-on 3 hours’ consultancy)
- Function Point Analysis and Agile Backlog (3 hour module)
- A method for using FPA as part of Agile backlog controlling and planning of 0-sprint as well as execution sprints in agile development projects
- This module will bring the link between FPA and Story Point definition
- The module can be tailored to include Story Point definition, Planner poker technique etc. This will add 3 hours to the module